Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Peachy

Another delicious smoothie recipe that I couldn't resist sharing. ;)


And yes, I did eat it straight out of the blender. That. Good.

Anyway. This was inspired by the stone fruits of the season - I'm so glad they're back!! I've gone through about a pound of cherries in two days... And we still have more! Plus peaches and nectarines, blueberries and raspberries. Strawberries sometimes appear randomly as well, but surprisingly AREN'T my favorite. Summer veg is great too, but seems to run out even faster than the fruit at my house... Wonder where it all goes (cough: my tummy).


Peaches N' Cream Green Smoothie:
Serves 1.
  • 1/2 banana, sliced
  • 1 peach, sliced
  • 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 tbsp honey
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cup kale
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup uncooked oats
  • 2 tbsp plain nonfat Greek yogurt
  • 2 tbsp reduced-fat cottage cheese
  • 1 tbsp chia or flax seeds
  • optional 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut
  • other toppings of choice
Place all ingredients in blender or food processor on high until desired consistency (I keep mine a little more thick and soupy). Garnish with toppings of choice. Enjoy!


1 comment: